NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The holiday season is here, and Dating.com has released tips for celebrating the season from home, as well as the absolute worst gifts and what to consider when choosing a meaningful present for your special someone.
In the midst of the Omicron variant and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the holidays are going to look different this year. Many couples will choose to spend their time off at home rather than in public places such as gatherings, holiday parties and crowded restaurants. But that doesn’t mean the season won’t be special. Dating.com has shared some fun and romantic at home date experiences that couples can gift each other this holiday.
- Virtual Cooking Class: Virtual cooking classes are a great gift for couples to enjoy, especially foodies. Couples can create professional charcuterie boards, learn the expert art of pizza making, and discover cuisines from all over the world – all without leaving home. Many chefs and vendors offering online cooking experiences even deliver hard-to-find and ethnic ingredients beforehand so couples don’t have to spend extra time shopping during the busy holiday season.
- Spa and Massage: Who doesn’t love to be pampered? This year, set up an at home spa. Couples can take turns giving each other romantic massages and spa treatments. They can also pick out their favorite face masks, beverages and desserts for a relaxing and romantic evening.
- Wine Tasting: Indulge in wine tasting from the comfort of home. Pick your favorite charcuterie items and sample different chocolates and other small bites over a few top-shelf bottles of wine (or more). Couples can share their favorite pairings and learn more about each other’s tastes. If you need help selecting the best food and wine combinations, virtual vendors are available to provide professional guidance and deliver wine, cheeses and jams right to your door.
“Gift-giving is an important step in any romantic relationship, whether it’s just begun or it’s well beyond the honeymoon phase,” says Maria Sullivan, Vice President and Dating Expert of Dating.com. “Couples new and old shouldn’t wait for the holidays to shower each other with gifts and experiences. Dating.com has implemented gift-giving to innovate the in-app online dating experience.”
When choosing a gift for your special someone, it’s critical to be thoughtful about finding something they’ll really enjoy. Dating.com surveyed its users and discovered that unfortunately 78% have received gifts that they didn’t really enjoy. The company reports that the worst gifts its users were ever given include:
- Used candle
- A self-help/weight loss book
- Exercise equipment
- An online workout subscription
- Disposable drink coasters
- An old gift card to a brick-and-mortar store that permanently closed
- Open bottle of wine
- DVD movie, with no DVD player
And there are some gifts that you should think …….